Access Control Systems
Access Control Installation & Replacement
Controlling access to your building is essential for the security of your business, staff, and customers. Without the right systems in place, you could be exposing your business to break ins, IP theft, injury, or worse.
If you want to protect your business on all fronts, contact us today for a one-on-one consultation about your access control needs. Our flexible and scalable access control system options are perfect for businesses large and small, so you can control access on your terms.
What is an Access Control System?
Access control systems, or ACSs, manage the entry into all entrances and exits. ACSs are designed to improve security by restricting entry to only those “authorized” users. ACSs can also be designed to monitor and record those using the system to ensure compliance.
ACSs can include card reader systems, keypads, remote controls, RFID, biometrics, and more. It can also be a completely physical system that relies on master keys.
Designing A System for Your Needs
There are so many different types of access control systems used today. When designing an access control system, we must work with our physical environment. The first step involves answering a few questions:
- What type of building is involved? For example, a medical dispensary will have an entirely different set of requirements than a nursing home.
- What openings are involved? What type of doors and hardware are currently installed, and how many of them? Do we need or want to replace any hardware? Do we need to do any additional wiring?
- How will this system be used? Who will use it, how often, and how quickly will they need access?
- Will they be internal or external? Will this ACS be used as an external security system and first line of defense (therefore accessible and open to the public), or will this ACS be an internal system and used as a second line of defense?
- Will they fit with your company culture? The main drawback of ACSs is that they will only work if the users trust and adhere to the ACS system. If the authorized users abuse the system or find it difficult to use and attempt to go around it (e.g., leaving a door propped open, “sharing” prox cards, etc.) then the ACS will fail.
Remember, it is most important to choose an ACS that fits your physical environment than to choose one that has all the bells and whistles.
We Only Install the Best Access Control Systems
We only use OpenPath networked systems to fulfill our client’s access control needs. OpenPath combines the convenient, forward-thinking features our customers are looking for with the peace of mind they need.
OpenPath offers a faster, hands-free unlock experience for users that can use Bluetooth, Wifi, or cellular systems. As the system uses three types of signals, it offers triple redundancy to ensure it opens for you or other users every time.
Whether you are securing just a couple of doors or dozens, the OpenPath system allows you to monitor all of your OpenPath entryways from a single monitor. And the system is highly secure, partly because it doesn’t store secrets on the reader or send them in transit.
Serving Livermore and More
Choose us to install or repair your access control system in Livermore and surrounding areas. We’ll visit you in Pleasanton, Dublin, San Ramon, Danville, Fremont and much more.
Get started today with a free estimate.